By: Valerie Wright
I could say that my journey to Islam began before I was even aware of it.
I was born with a progressive hearing loss.
My mother did not realize that I had difficulties hearing until I was 4 years old.
Once it was discovered, I received my first hearing aids, and began attending a school where hearing and deaf children were integrated.
At first I was placed in classes that contained only deaf children. Then I began to attend some classes with hearing children, and I had a teacher come to help me learn how to integrate. I felt at home there. I did not realize that I was being prepared to leave the school and go to a mainstream public school.
By: Jade Small
When you meet someone who is spiritually healthy, you’re immediately drawn to that person. You feel good just by being around them. These people are magnets for happiness, freedom and generosity, and have a unique ability to enjoy the present moment.
The only way you can achieve true spiritual satisfaction is by following your heart’s desires. Here are some clues that you can use to stay on the right path.
Here are 20 signs you’re spiritually healthy:
1. You stepped out of the victim role and now play the game of designing your destiny.
2. You love your life because you’re living your soul’s purpose.
3. You feel like you’re contributing and serving with generosity.
4. You got off the emotional roller coaster, and your emotions feel like smooth waves on a clear day most of the time.
5. You catch yourself when you judge others and realize that what you’re judging is intimately related to your own self-acceptance.
6. You don’t fear making the wrong decision, because you’re aware that there can always be a spiritual lesson.
7. You understand that freedom and happiness are qualities you cultivate from within, and the more you work on them, the more they grow.
8. You no longer feel like you need to hide out of fear of judgment; you are the full expression of yourself personally and professionally.
9. You spend time in silence daily and crave it when you miss a day, because you feel like something is “off.”
By: John Fontain
If you discovered something so amazing you felt like jumping up and down in excitement, what is the first thing that you would want to do? If you worked out the answer to a puzzle and knew others were trying to do the same thing, how would you feel, how would you react? If you discovered the meaning of life or the secrets of the universe, what would you do with that knowledge? If you worked out a way of banishing fear and sadness and replacing it with eternal happiness what would you do?
By: Mufti Ismail Menk
Visiting the sick, assisting them in any way, inquiring about them and praying for them has many benefits, hence it is considered a great act of worship.
It boosts the morale of the sick, making them feel much better, giving them a sense of belonging which contributes to their recovery.
By: Jade Small
The human body is hard at work while we go about our daily lives – We may not notice or feel anything special, but every second, day and night, our bodies are using power and healing!
Here are 6 awesome facts about the human body!
1. You use 100% of your brain
The myth that humans use only 10 percent of their brains has been repeated so often, but studies suggest that during any given day, fully 100 percent of the brain’s area is active! Your brain generates as much energy as a small light bulb even when you’re sleeping.
This Audio is Edited by & for The Daily Reminder. Feel free to re-upload and share.