By: Shaykh Rami Nsour
The Spring Source of our actions
All of our actions spring forth from a thought that enters our heart and this is what makes knowing the science of thoughts (khawatir) so important [Muhammad Mawlud, The Purification of the Heart]. One of the most difficult tasks we face in our lives will be in weighing out each one of the thoughts that enters our heart and seeing which one we should follow. The scholars have given us a guideline as to how to tell the signs of the source of thoughts that enter our heart.
By: Tabrez Ahmed
You are not the only one who is victimized by the whispers of shaitan. Even in the time of Prophet such incidents have been witnessed.
Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:
A man came to the Prophet and said: Messenger of Allah! one of us has thoughts of such nature that he would rather be reduced to charcoal than speak about them. He said: Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great, Allah is Most Great. Praise be to Allah Who has reduced the guile of the devil to evil prompting. Ibn Qudamah said “reduced his matter” instead of “reduced his guile”.
Ibn Qudamah said “reduced his matter” instead of “reduced his guile”.
But our beloved Prophet has assured us that unless such kind of evil whispers are ignored and the evil thoughts are not acted upon, Allah forgives us.
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, “Allah forgives my followers those (evil deeds) their souls may whisper or suggest to them as long as they do not act (on it) or speak.”
By: Umm Salih
“Please wait for just five minutes, dinner is almost ready. Do eat before leaving,” requested his aunt.
“No, Jazak Allah Khair! I am already late. I’ll eat at home InshaAllah,” replied the nephew with a smile.
Only an hour had passed after Salim left that she heard her mobile phone ringing.
“Yes, yes…Oh no! Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’oon!” Nasreen was in total shock; Salim had been hit by a speeding van on the highway and had died on spot.
“If only I could have stopped him for dinner! He was right here in front of me minutes ago…Oh! How I wish!’ she thought with tears in her eyes.
Hajj has external and internal protocols. In this short piece, I hope to draw your attention to its subtle ones that touch your soul, and enhance your faith.
1. You should choose a righteous person to travel with, ensuring that your income is from permissible sources. Pure sources illuminate your heart, and a righteous companion reminds you of good and keeps you from evil
2. You should avoid business transactions while in route because they will weaken your focus and scatter your thoughts
3. You should be generous while traveling, feeding others with an open heart and picking the best words when speaking with others
4. Avoid arguments, shouting matches and speaking about worldly matters. You should limit your speech, after your basic needs, to reciting the Qur’an and the remembrance of Allāh
5. You should be pleased with your expenditures and the hardships you encounter, viewing them as a sign that your pilgrimage is accepted, considering them all as rewards for you in the Hereafter.
Abridged by Suhaib Webb from al-Ghazzāli’s writings
We absolutely condemn in the strongest terms any acts of terrorism and any extremism done in the name of Islam and we refuse to associate ourselves with those who practice and condone such behavior and thoughts. There is no Justification In this beautiful and Merciful way of life of ISLAM that was sent as a Mercy for all of mankind to take the life of any innocent Human-Being.
Belief is not an abstract concept, but a transformative quality. Join Imam Suhaib as he shares some little known thoughts on the meaning of belief and the believer. Please subscribe to his YouTube page and spread the love like butter! #TwoMinutesForFaith