Islam & Life On Other Planets
Moslems believe that Earth is not a unique planet but rather God created several planets like Earth throughout the universe:
(Quran 65.12) Allah is the one who created seven heavens and from Earth like them (of corresponding type); [Allah’s] command descends among them (heavens and earths) so that you may know that Allah is capable of anything and that Allah knows everything.
In Islam, Earth is not a unique planet. Other planets like Earth do exist throughout the universe. Actually the Quran says that other planets also have land animals:
(Quran 42.29) And from His signs He created the heavens and the Earth; and the land animals that He scattered in BOTH of them (heavens and Earth); And He is capable of gathering them (in one place) if He wishes.
So according to the Quran, the heavens have land animals like our Earth (not just angels). Actually the Quran says that some of those extraterrestrial creatures will invade Earth one day: There is a wormhole right here on Earth that connects Earth with another planet. One day the creatures on that planet will use this wormhole to invade Earth:
25 AMAZING PHOTOS FROM HAJJ 1953
Catch a glimpse of how it was like to perform Hajj in 1953. Though this was only just over 60 years ago, a lot has changed mainly due to the increase in the number of pilgrims going to perform Hajj.
Many pilgrims would travel to Makkah via a ferry or a ship, in those days commercial air travel was still in its early stages and it was not as widely available as it is today.
For those who could afford it, they would embark on their journey on board small planes from nearby countries.
Like today, coaches and buses would be used to transport pilgrims from place to place.
Photographs of The Rupture Of Perito Moreno Glacier
By: Jakub Polomski
Vietnam woos Muslim tourists
By: Wanwisa Ngamsangchaikit
More Muslim travellers from Indonesia, Malaysia, India, and the Middle East are visiting Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City’s Department of Culture, Sports, and Tourism deputy director, La Quoc Khanh, said that the number of tourists from Muslim countries, especially Indonesia and Malaysia, has gone up considerably in recent years.
Towards The House: Protocols for The Pilgrim
Hajj has external and internal protocols. In this short piece, I hope to draw your attention to its subtle ones that touch your soul, and enhance your faith.
1. You should choose a righteous person to travel with, ensuring that your income is from permissible sources. Pure sources illuminate your heart, and a righteous companion reminds you of good and keeps you from evil
2. You should avoid business transactions while in route because they will weaken your focus and scatter your thoughts
3. You should be generous while traveling, feeding others with an open heart and picking the best words when speaking with others
4. Avoid arguments, shouting matches and speaking about worldly matters. You should limit your speech, after your basic needs, to reciting the Qur’an and the remembrance of Allāh
5. You should be pleased with your expenditures and the hardships you encounter, viewing them as a sign that your pilgrimage is accepted, considering them all as rewards for you in the Hereafter.
Abridged by Suhaib Webb from al-Ghazzāli’s writings
Documentary: The Greatest Animal Migration (Video)
We’re setting off on an African adventure. Our destination is the famous Serengeti. We’re taking you along on the greatest animal migration in the world, when millions of wildebeest make the long journey from Tanzania to Kenya. It’s a journey into the unknown. On their odyssey, the wildebeest will meet very different neighbors. There are also some spotted and striped traveling companions on this 1,000 kilometer march.