If you avoid the great sins Allah will give you Jannah (Paradise)
1. Associating partners with Allah (Shirk) (1 of 7 fatal Sins)
Surely, Allah does not forgive associating anything with Him, and He forgives whatever is other than that to whomever He wills. ( 4:48 and 116)
Open Great Shirk– Idolatry: worshipping beings other than Allah
Hidden Small Shirk is called Riya – showing off or Ostentation
“Should I not inform you of that which I fear for you even more than the dangers of dajjaal?-Anti-Christ It is the hidden shirk: Riya-showing off : A person stands to pray and he beautifies his prayer because he sees the people looking at him”.
2. Committing murder : (25 68) (2 of 7 fatal Sins)
And they who do not call upon another god with Allah and do not slay the soul, which Allah has forbidden except in the requirements of justice, and (who) do not commit fornication and he who does this shall find a requital of sin (25 68)
3. Practising black magic (2: 102) This even takes one out of the folds of Islam
Three do not enter heaven : the alcoholic, the severer of the bonds of kinship, and the one who believes in magic.
4. Not performing the Prayers (19: 59)
Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up prayers and followed lusts. So they will be thrown in hell, except those who repent. (19: 59) Qur’an
What has caused you to enter Hell? They will say : we were not of those who prayed. Q
5. With holding the Zakah (Charity ) (3: 180)
6. Not fasting on a Day of Ramadan without excuse
“Islam is built upon five pillars: testifying that there is no true god except Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, performing the prayers, paying the Zakah, making the pilgrimage to the house, and fasting the month of Ramadhan”
As for the believers, he who commits the sin of not fasting Ramadan with nor permission or excuse is more evil than he who commits adultery or drinking liquor..
7. Not performing Hajj, while being able to do so (above tradition)
8. Disobeying and Disrespect to parents (17:23)
Thy Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them, in terms of honour. And out of kindness, lower the wing of humility to them and say : My Lord! bestow on them they mercy even as they cherished me in childhood. Q
Allah’s satisfaction is out of parents satisfaction, and His anger is out of theirs
9. Cutting off the ties of relationships (47: 22)
Then is it to be expected of you if you were put in authority that you will do mischief in the land an break your ties of kith and kin? Such are the men whom Allah has cursed for he has made them deaf and blinded their sights. (47:22)
The Breaking of the bonds of kinship does not enter Paradise.
He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter should keep in contact with his kins.
What is meant in this tradition are the ones who leave their poor kins when he is wealthy, and also the ones who leave their kins by ignoring , fooling, and showing dryness towards them..
10. Committing adultery or fornication (17: 32)
‘Nor come close to Adultery : for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil,’ (17: 32)
Opening the road for other evils. When a man commits adultery, faith comes out of his heart and hovers above him until he leaves the sin, then faith comes back to him again.
11. Committing sodomy
Tradition “Allah will not look at a person (with pleasure) who commits sodomy with a man or a woman” Sodomy is greater and uglier than adultery.
12. Taking or paying interest (Riba) (2: 275)
O who you believe: Fear Allah, and give up what remains of your damned for usury, if you are indeed believers. If you do it not, take notice of war from Allah and his messenger. (2: 275) Q
13. Devouring the wealth of orphans (4:10)
Those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, eat up a fire into their own bodies. They will soon be enduring a Blazing Fire. (4:10)
14. Lying about Allah and His Messenger pbuh And on the day of resurrection you shall see those who lied against Allah; their faces shall be blackened. Is there not in hell an abode for the proud? 39:60 Forging statements concerning Allah or forging Hadith saying, traditions of the Prophet pbuh
Lying on the Prophet is blasphemy, and there is no doubt that not only lying on Allah or Muhammad by permitting what is forbidden and forbidding what is permitted – is pure blasphemy. To lie on me is not like lying on any body else, he who lies on me intentionally will be placed in Hell
15. Running away from the battlefield (8:16)
If any do turn his back to them on such a day unless it be in a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own) – He draws on himself the wrath of Allah and his abode in Hell an evil refugee (indeed) (8:16 Qur’an
16. Wrongdoing, deception or oppression on the part of the ruler The way (to blame) is only against those who oppress men and revolt in the earth unjustly; these shall have a painful punishment. (42:42) A leader’s deceiving his people and being unjust to them
17. Pride and arrogance – (16:23)
Undoubtedly Allah does know what they conceal and what they reveal verily He loves not the arrogant. Qur’an Being arrogant, boastful, vain.
He who has an atom of Pride will never enter Paradise. Pride is to tyrannize right and encroach upon someone’s rights. Holy saying Allah says ‘greatness is my cover, and pride is my gown. He who fights me in them, I shall throw him into Hell.
The dwells of are Hell. Every cruel covetous, impatient talkative proud and pride man
“Then remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and do not reject Me.” (2:152).
19. Drinking alcoholic beverages They ask you concerning wine and gambling. Say : In them is a great sin, and some profit, for men ; but the sin is greater then the profit. (5: 90) Qur’an
20. Gambling O you who believe ! Intoxicants and gambling stones and arrows are an abomination of satan handiwork, eschew such that you may prosper. Satan plan is to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah , and from prayer ; will you not then abstain. 5: 90 Qur’an
21. Slandering innocent women Those who slander chaste women, indiscreet but believing are cursed in this life, and in the hereafter. For them is the grievous penalty. (24: 23)
22. Stealing from Exploits of war and from the money of the Zakaat (3:161)
No Prophet could (ever) be false to his trust. If any person is so false, He shall on the day of Judgement – restore what he misappropriated, then shall every soul receive its due, whatever it earned and non shall be dealt with unjustly. (3:161)
23. Consuming forbidden wealth or taking it by any means. Such as manipulation one’s inheritance . (4:12)
And do not eat up your property amongst yourselves for vanities nor use it as a bait for judges with it intent that you may eat up wrongfully and knowingly a little of other peoples. A body that was nourished with forbidden gains does not ever enter Paradise. (2:188)
He whom we employ on others money and tells us not about a string he receives or any thing above in value, his action is stealing that comes on the Day of Judgement carrying it
We can include tax collectors, highway robbers, traitors, those who claim to know the future or the unknown to gain others money, cheaters, those who borrow things then deny them, those who cheat at weighing, those who find money and conceal it, those who sell some goods with faulty things in them and cover them, gamblers, and those who auction on a good they don’t want to buy but to increase the price on the buyer himself.
24. Committing highway robbery (5: 33)
The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main, for mischief through the land is : execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting of the feet and hands from the opposite sides, or exile from the land : that is their disgrace in this world and a heavy punishment is theirs in the hereafter. Q
25. Making false oath (25:72)
‘Those who witness no falsehood, and, if they pass by futility, they pass by it with honourable (avoidance)’ (25:72)
“If someone is ordered to take an oath and he takes a false oath in order to take possession of property of a Muslim, then he will incur Allah’s wreath when he meets Him”
It is said that testifying false testimonies is equal with Shirk
26. Committing oppression (26: 277)
Except those who believe and do good and remember Allah much, and defend themselves after they are oppressed; and they who act unjustly shall know to what final place of turning they shall turn back.
27. Levying illegal taxes
Prophet (saw) said, “Do you know who the bankrupt is? The bankrupt form my nation is the one who appears on the Day of Resurrection having performed the prayers, fasted and paid the zakah, but had also abused that person, slandered that person, wrongfully taken the wealth of that person and spilled the blood of that person. These people will take from his good deeds. If his good deeds are thereby exhausted, he will be given their sins and then he will be thrown into the hell-fire”
28. Stealing (5:38)
As to the thief male or female, cut off his or her hands a punishment by way of example from Allah for their crime. Q
29. Committing suicide (4: 29)
Nor kill yourselves, for verily Allah has been to you most Merciful. If any do that in rancour and injustice soon shall we cast them into the fire, and easy it is for Allah. If you but eschew the most heinous of the things which you are forbidden to do, we shall expel out of you all the evil in you. Q
My servant took his life by himself, thus I forbid Paradise on him. Q
He who stabs himself with a dagger, shall hold it [at the Day of Judgement] stabbing himself for ever in Hell-fire. And he who poison himself shall sip this poison in the Hell-Fire forever. Cursing a believer is like killing him, and he who slanders a believer with shirk is his killer. and he who kills himself with something will be tortures with that thing forever at the Day of Judgement.
30. Being a perpetual liar ….and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars. (3:61)
31. Judging unjustly (5:44) If any do fail to judge like what Allah has revealed they are unbelievers.
Those who conceal the clear signs we have sent down, and the guidance after we have made it clear for the people in the Book, on them shall be Allah’s curse, and the curse of those entitled to curse. Q
Allah does not accept the prayer of a judge who judges against the laws of Allah.
32. Engaging in bribery And do not swallow up your property among yourselves by false means, neither seek to gain access thereby to the judges, so that you may swallow up a part of the property of men wrongfully while you know. (2:188)
33. Women appearing like men and vice-versa
Those who avoid the greater crimes and shameful deeds, and when they are angry even then they forgive. Q 42:37
“Allah’s curse is upon women who appear like men and upon men who appear like women”
34. Being a pimp-Dayyouth: is the one who approves the indecency of his womenfolk and who is void of jealousy or the pimp who facilitates indecency between two people
“Allah has forbidden the Paradise to three people: the alcoholic, the runaway slave, and the one who is complacent in the face of the evil deeds that his family is performing”
Nor let any but such a man or an unbeliever marry such a woman to the believers such a thing is forbidden. Q
35. Marrying for the purpose of making a woman allowable for another So if he divorces her she shall not be lawful to him afterwards until she marries another husband; then if he divorces her there is no blame on them both if they return to each other (by marriage), if they think that they can keep within the limits of Allah, and these are the limits of Allah which He makes clear for a people who know. (2:230)
36. Not keeping clean from the remains of urine
And thy garments keep free from stain 74:4 Qur’an
Prophet (saw) passed by a grave and said, “These two are being punished and they are not being punished for something hard. But it is a great sin. One of them did not keep himself clean form his urine and the other went around spreading tales”.
37. Showing off – Ostentations (107: 4-6)
So woe to the worshippers, who are neglectful of their prayers. Those who want to be seen (by men).
38. Acquiring knowledge only for worldly gain or concealing knowledge (2:159)
Those who conceal the clear signs we have sent down, and the guidance after we have made it clear for the people of the Book on them shall be Allah’s curse. (2:159)
He who is asked about knowledge he knows and does not reveal it, will be sewed with fire at the Day of Judgement
He who learns for secular purposes or not for Allah’s sake, would settle down on his place in Hell
39. Breaching trusts (8: 27)
Betray not the trust of Allah and His Messenger, nor misappropriate knowingly things entrusted to you. He who lacks honesty, lacks faith. and there is no religion for oath’s traitors.
Who break the covenant of Allah after its confirmation and cut asunder what Allah has ordered to be joined, and make mischief in the land; these it is that are the losers.
40. Reminding people of one’s kindness (2:264)
O ye who believe! cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury,- like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day. They are in parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little soil: on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (Just) a bare stone. They will be able to do nothing with aught they have earned. And Allah guided not those who reject faith.
42. Spying and Eavesdropping on other’s private conversation (49: 12)
O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion as much (as possible): for suspicion in some cases is a sin: And spy not on each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, ye would abhor it…But fear Allah: For Allah is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful
41. Rebellion & Charging of Unbelief – But do not transgress limits, for Allah loves not transgressors. He who says to his brother Kafir-non-believe one of them will bear it.
43. Spreading harmful tales (namimah) (68:10)
And Do not obey everyone who swears much, and is considered worthless. A slanderer, going about with calumnies (namimah)
Tale-bearing, (namimah) is defined as spreading words among believers with the purpose of stirring up enmity and problems between them This matter is forbidden.
44. Cursing others
Cursing a believer is as killing him “Abusing a Muslim is evil and fighting him is disbelief”
When a man curses a thing this curse goes up towards Paradise, the doors of Paradise are shut against it, the curse then moves right and left it finds no way for it, then it goes back down to the cursed one if he deserves it or else to the curser
Don’t curse each other with Allah’s curse, nor with Allah’s wrath, nor with Hell
45. Not fulfilling one’s promises
“Whoever has a four characteristic is a complete hypocrite. Whoever posses any of these characteristics has the characteristics of hypocrisy until he gives it up; whenever he makes a promise, he breaks it up…”
46. Believing in what soothsayers & astrologers say
“Whoever goes to fortune-teller and asks him about something will not have his prayer accepted for forty nights”
He who asks a fortune teller or an astrologer something and believes him of what he says is a blasphemer [denied every thing that was revealed to Muhammad]
47. A wife being rebellious to her husband (4: 34)
a man invites his wife to bed and she refuses and he becomes angry on her, the angels curse her till morning.
‘Allah does not look on a woman who does not appreciate her husband while she cannot live without him’.
48. Making statues and pictures
“…the people who will receive the greatest punishment on the day of judgment are those who compete with Allah in creation [those who make pictures or statues]” its about believing one can give life or compete.
49. Striking one’s self, wailing, tearing one’s clothing, pulling one’s hair & similar deeds as a form of mourning
“One who strikes his cheeks or tears his clothing and shouts in the manner of pre-Islamic culture is not one of us” this is when someone goes extremely over the top when someone close like a family member dies, which women are known to do.
50. Committing injustice (42:42)
The blame is only against those who oppress men with wrong doing and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land defying right and justice. For such there will be penalty grievous. Allah tortures those who torture people on earth
51. Being overbearing or taking advantage of the weak, slaves, wives or animals
52. Harming neighbours
“A person whose neighbour is not safe from his mischief will not enter paradise”
53. Harming and abusing Muslims (33: 58)
And those who speak evil things of the believing men and the believing women without their having earned (it), they are guilty indeed of a false accusation and a manifest sin.
54. Trailing one’s garment in pride – i.e. below the ankles out of pride “What is below the ankles will be in the hellfire ” this is if its do out of pride
55. Harming the Friend’s of Allah
“Whoever shows enmity to a slave of Mine (Allah’s) I shall be at war with him”
Those who annoy Allah and His Rasul Allah has cursed them in this world and in the hereafter. These are the Wali-Allah the Saints or was we would known them the Sufi masters
56. Men wearing silk & gold
Prophet (saw) said, “Gold and silk have been permitted for the females of my nation and forbidden for its males” “Men who wears silk in this world will have no portion [of heavens] in the hereafter” He who wears silk on earth will never wear it in the Hereafter. however it is true that the Prophet (pbuh) permitted silk, only for those suffer itching with in four fingers measure, and he permitted using a tooth of gold also
57. A slave’s running away from his master
if the slave escapes his master, his prayer will not be accepted. You who believe fulfil (all) obligations.
58. Sacrificing animals for other than Allah
Eat not of (meats) on which Allah’s name has not been pronounced.(6:121) Q
“The one who sacrifices for other than Allah is cursed by Allah”
59. Claiming that somebody is one’s father while the claimant knows it is not true
“One who claims that someone is his father and knows that it is not true will be forbidden of paradise”
60. Arguing or quarrelling for show & not seeking the truth
“Whoever argues in support of something that is wrong and he knows it Allah will be angry with him until he stops”
61. Not allowing excess water to flow to others
Say : See you ? if your stream be some morning lost ( in the underground earth), who then can supply you with clear – flowing water (67:30)
“Whoever doesn’t allow the access water or pasture for others will not share in the blessings of Allah on the day of judgment”
Do not forbid the overflow of water for you forbid grass. The Prophet also said : Do not sell the overflow of water. He also said : He who forbid his overflow of water or left over grass, Allaah will forbid His mercy at the Day of Judgement on him
62. Dealing in Fraud (83: 1-3)
Woe to those who deal in fraud, those who, when they have to receive by measure from men, exact full measure, but when they have to give by measure or weight to men, give less than due Do not they think that they will be called to account ? on a mighty day?’. This sin includes theft treachery an eating money unjustly.
63. Disbelieving Fate (al-Araf: 99)
Verily all things we have created in proportion and measure.
But Allah has created you and your handy work.
To such as Allah rejects from is guidance there can be no guide. Allah has knowingly left him astray. But you will not except as Allah wills. And its enlightment as to its wrong and its right. Q
What is faith (believing) ? The Prophet said to him : Believe in Allah, Angels His Books His Prophets the Day of Judgement, resurrection after death, and fate [good or bad].
Six are those whom I damned and Allah damned and also the Prophets : the disbeliever in fate, the adder in Allah’s Book, unjust dominator, the one who permits forbidden things, the one who reduces the honour of the Prophet – or his family by insults or hatred and the leaver of my tradition. The Prophet said : The disobeyer of Parents, the disbeliever in fate, and the drunkard do not enter Paradise.
64. Eating carrion, blood or pork meat (6:145) Say: I do not find in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden for an eater to eat of except that it be what has died of itself, or blood poured forth, or flesh of swine– for that surely is unclean– or that which is a transgression, other than (the name of) Allah having been invoked on it; but whoever is driven to necessity, not desiring nor exceeding the limit, then surely your Lord is Forgiving, Merciful. (6:145)
65. Despairing from Allah’s Help or forgiveness
Do not despair of the mercy of Allah; surely Allah forgives the faults altogether; surely He is the Forgiving the Merciful. (39:54)
66. Continually not performing the Friday prayers and congregational prayers without any valid excuse
Prophet (saw) said, “If people don’t stop abandoning the Friday Prayers Allah may seal their hearts and they will become headless” “Whoever hears the call to prayer and doesn’t come to prayer, there is no prayer for him say for the one who has valid excuse
67. Preaching Error or Establishing Errors
He who preaches for error will bear his sin and all of those who follow him, decreasing no their sins. The Prophet also said : He who preaches for error will bear his sin and of those who follow him, with no decreasing for their sins. The Prophet also said : every new established thing is an error In religion.
68. Being Deceiving and plotting evil
(In) behaving proudly in the land and in planning evil; and the evil plans shall not beset any save the authors of it. Then should they wait for aught except the way of the former people? For you shall not find any alteration in the course of Allah; and you shall not find any change in the course of Allah. 35:43
69. Pointing a weapon at a Muslim Brother
He who points weapon at a Muslim Brother will be cursed by the angels even if he was his brother in kinship.
70. Abusing or reviling anyone of the Companions of the Prophet (saw)
“Do not revile my companions for, by the one in whose hands is my soul, if you were to spend in charity a mountain of gold similar to mount Uhud it would not be equal to a handful or a half a handful (or what they have done)”
Also The sign of belief is loving the Ansar, and hating them is a sign of hypocrisy. He said also : No one loves them but the Mumin, and one hates them but the hypocrite
Please make sincere repentance to Allah “Today is deed without reckoning and tomorrow is reckoning without deeds”. Sincere repentance has four conditions :
Feeling bad for the sin Firm commitment in intention not to repeat sin (whether it happens again is not a condition if one tried his best)
Make repentance to Allah by Du’a and asking or better crying for forgiveness
If some person has been wronged because of this sin then one needs to make up to this person.
Posted on October 20, 2014, in ARTICLES and tagged admit, Allah, article, avoid, deen, eeds, evil deedsd, God, great sins, great sins islam, guidance, how to go to Jannah, how to go to paradise, islam, jannah, knowledge, learn, life, meaning, minor, paradise, purpose, read, sins, soul, spiritual, surah, surah an nisa. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.