Posted by Akhi Soufyan
- Squirrels use their tail as an umbrella to protect from snow.
- A squirrel has padded feet that helps it jump from high distances, even as much as 20 feet (6 meters).
- Gray squirrels bury their acorns all over the place, often forgetting where they put them, causing the seeds to become oak trees.
- The eyes on a squirrel are high on their head, on each side, so they have a wide range of vision without having to turn their head back and forth.
- The gray squirrel comes in many different colors, such as shades of grey, shades of brown or even black.
- Squirrels can communicate with each other through various sounds. Some types of ground squirrel warn each other of predators by a whistling sound.
- Squirrels can run as fast as 20 mph (32 kph).
- Flying squirrels actually glide. They have a muscle membrane between their legs and body that allows gliding from a higher point to a lower point at a distance of up to 160 feet (48 m).