Mankind’s relationship with nature is a difficult one – we must use it, live in harmony with it, protect it and protect ourselves from it. These visually striking images that we collected of tree roots colliding with concrete are beautiful symbolic representations of this complicated relationship.
It’s hard to say what it is exactly about tree roots that capture our imagination, but they have done so for thousands of years. They snake through many world cultures’ folk-tales and legends and take root in our symbolic vocabulary. The slow but sure force with which they crush and overcome concrete (and sometimes even steel) inspires visions of a natural reclamation of the civilized world, and their serpentine forms inspire visions of rivers and lightning.
Whatever these photos make you think of, we hope you love them as much as we do!
1. Behave like a female, i.e. all the tenderness of a female–a man doesn’t want a man for his wife!
2. Dress pleasantly/attractively. If you are a home-maker, don’t stay in your pyjamas suit all day.
3. Don’t lay out all your problems on your husband as soon as he walks in. Give him a little mental break.
4. Be kind to your mother-in-law the same way you would like your husband to be kind to your own mother. (Not ALL in laws are bad)
5. Compliment him on the things you know he’s not so confident about (looks, intelligence, etc.) This will build his self-esteem.
6. Tell your husband you love him, many, many times. Aisha (رضالله عنها) narrated that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) used to ask her how strong her love for him, she said like “a knot.” And the next time he would ask her, “How is that knot?” He also used to reply to her saying, “Jazak ALLAH , O Aishah, wallahi, you have not rejoiced in me as I have rejoiced in you.”.
7. Call his family often.
8. Give him a simple task to do at home and then thank him when he does it. This will encourage him to do more.
9. Encourage him to do good deeds.
10. If he’s in a bad mood, give him some space. He’ll get over it, Insha’Allah.
11. Thank him sincerely for providing you with food and shelter. It’s a big deal.
12. Remember that your husband has feelings, so take them into consideration.
13. If your husband is annoyed over a little thing you do (and you can control it), then stop doing it. Really.
14. Do all of the above fee sabeelillah and you will see Allah put barakah in everything you do.
May Allah Bring Prosperity. Ameen