Hajj has external and internal protocols. In this short piece, I hope to draw your attention to its subtle ones that touch your soul, and enhance your faith.
1. You should choose a righteous person to travel with, ensuring that your income is from permissible sources. Pure sources illuminate your heart, and a righteous companion reminds you of good and keeps you from evil
2. You should avoid business transactions while in route because they will weaken your focus and scatter your thoughts
3. You should be generous while traveling, feeding others with an open heart and picking the best words when speaking with others
4. Avoid arguments, shouting matches and speaking about worldly matters. You should limit your speech, after your basic needs, to reciting the Qur’an and the remembrance of Allāh
5. You should be pleased with your expenditures and the hardships you encounter, viewing them as a sign that your pilgrimage is accepted, considering them all as rewards for you in the Hereafter.
Abridged by Suhaib Webb from al-Ghazzāli’s writings
Celebrities around the world are speaking out about Israel’s horrific actions in Gaza. You can take action too. Click here to tell Barack Obama to stop helping Israel kill innocent civilians: http://jvp.org/obama Click here for a Facebook version: http://wefb.it/09F246
Let’s share this to Megyn Kelly of Fox News please send it to her.
“Fox News host Megyn Kelly on her program assured children viewing her program that both Jesus Christ and Santa Claus were white men so we thought we would get to the bottom of this once and for all asking these important questions :
Were Jesus & Santa really White Men?
Was Jesus really God or a literal son of God?
Was Jesus Christ born on Christmas on the 25th of Dec?
Who really was Jesus and what was his real mission? All these questions answered and more on this weeks show. Very exciting episode you don’t want to miss it!