“Indeed, the Extravagant are brothers
of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful.” – Al Qur’an, 17:27
Dictionary “Extravagant“: extreme, unusual, or unreasonable
Example: ‘Spending much more than is necessary or wise: an extravagant shopper.’
As Ramadan comes to an end, so do the increased opportunities for prayer. We may or may not get another Ramadan in our lives. This may be our last Iftar. Just before Iftar is a special time to ask Allah for everything you want. Allah loves hearing from us. The last night and day of fasting is a special day of Dua as well, considering that the Prophet has said that Allah makes decisions about our forgiveness that day. So here are some suggested Dua:
Duas before the last Iftar
If everyone in your family can break fast together, it will be great to make Dua together.
- Oh Allah, please accept all of my prayers, fasting, and remembrance of You during this blessed month.
- Please forgive me for the shortcomings in my worship and help me improve by next Ramadan.
- Ya Allah, help me continue the good habits I have acquired during Ramadan.
- Oh Allah, please make me of the righteous, the guided, and those You love.
- Ya Allah, please guide me and my family to the Straight Path and help us become excellent Muslims for Your sake.
- I worship only You and only from You do I seek help. Please increase Your bounty for me and my family
- Ya Allah, Guide our loved ones, friends, coworkers, neighbors, classmates to the straight path for success in this life and hereafter.