This eBook is an extract from the popular, “The Ideal Muslimah” book by By Dr. Muhammad ‘Ali Al-Hashimi.
One of the chapters was very relevant to Islamic parenting so we extracted only this chapter and made it available for download here. Chapter 5 is titled, “The Muslimah and Her Children” and contains the following:
- She understands his great responsibility towards her children
- She uses the best methods in bringing them up
- She equally treats her sons and daughters equally
- She demonstrates her love and affection for them
- She does not pray against her children
- She is alert to everything that may have an influence on them
- She instils good behavior and attitudes in them
Hassan al-Hallaq, father of Kenan and Saji, survived the strike, but he lost his wife and sons. He speaks about his beautiful family in the interview above. This man is mourning the death of his wife and children after two Israeli missiles slammed into the building they were staying in on Sunday, killing Hassan Al Hallaq’s pregnant wife, his two sons, his mother, his sister and another child. They died despite the fact that Al Hallaq had earlier moved his family to the center of Gaza City at the behest of Israel, after it had warned Gazans living along the border to vacate for their own safety. More than 70 percent of those killed in Gaza have been civilians, the United Nations says.