The pineal gland is one of the smallest and most important endocrine glands in the body. Located in the center of the brain close to the more well-known pituitary gland, the pineal gland gets its name from its characteristic pine cone shape. It is also known as the pineal organ, the pineal body or the “third eye”. This small gland controls your body’s sleep-wake pattern. However, due to lots of factors, calcification of pineal gland can occur, hampering brain function. Remedies to decalcify the brain should immediately be taken.
By: Abu Productive
How do you wake up for fajr? And I don’t mean wake up for a day or two, but how do you keep waking up for fajr, constantly, everyday, without fail.
There’s loads & loads of websites online giving you tips and advice on how to wake up early. But our focus is not on worldly tips (which should be taken by all means, part of tying the camel;, our focus is on the spiritual means.
Sleeping is similar to death. That is why sleeping has been linked to death, and waking with life. When preparing to sleep we should fear that may be our eyes close and do not open again. This has happened many times ; hence we should ask Allah (The Exalted) for forgiveness of our sins as it is not good to do so without.
The pious would sleep little as the time spent in sleep is of no use. Only if we are successful and able to understand to reality of our life. For instance if someone has a life of 60 years and sleeps for 8 hours a day then we would have spend 20 years in sleep, that’s 1/3 of the life spent in sleeping. In these 20 years we did not achieve anything, however, if we spend our sleeping in the way of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) then Inshallah we will gain some benefit as this will become worship.
By: Elizabeth Renter
Although we don’t know exactly why, there is no question that sleep is crucial for brain and overall health. Without proper sleep, the chance of disease and stress increases notably. Now, researchers at the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC) Center for Translational Neuromedicine have foundthat sleeping actually helps detoxify the brain, potentially offering clues into dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
The study, published in the journal Science, reveals that your brain has a unique method of removing toxic waste through ‘the glymphatic system’. Even more interesting, it seems that brain cells shrink by about 60% during sleep, allowing for waste to be removed more easily.
“Sleep changes the cellular structure of the brain,” said Maiken Nedergaard, co-author of the study. “It appears to be a completely different state.”
- No Breakfast People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level. This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.
- Overeating It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.
- Smoking It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.
- High Sugar consumption Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.
- Air Pollution The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.
- Sleep Deprivation Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.
- Head covered while sleeping Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.
- Working your brain during illness Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.
- Lacking in stimulating thoughts Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.
- Talking Rarely Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.