A tragedy in Ottawa, Canada shows us just how different US and Canadian media are.
Harry Fear reports from the Gaza Strip on the murder of a young man shot by a sniper in front of a group of international solidarity activists.
RAMALLAH (Ma’an) — Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian man in al-Amari refugee camp near Ramallah overnight, locals told Ma’an.
Locals said 22-year-old Issa Khaled al-Qatri was shot by Israeli troops in the chest around 5:00 a.m. and taken by car to Ramallah medical complex where medics pronounced him dead.
- Annexed another 1,000 acres of West Bank land
- Seized $55,000,000 dollars of PA tax revenue
- Broken the ceasefire by firing at fishermen
- Broken the ceasefire by not opening the border crossing for goods
- Destroyed a dairy factory in Hebron
- Destroyed five houses and a farm belonging to Bedouin near Jerusalem
- Destroyed a family home in Silwan, making 11 children homeless
- Shot and critically injured a man in Qalqilya
- Kidnapped 17 people from Jenin
- Kidnapped 7 people from Nablus
Michael Brown shooting: Ku Klux Klan raises ‘reward’ for officer who shot unarmed teen in Ferguson, Missouri
By: Heather Saul
A grand jury began hearing evidence Wednesday in the Michael Brown case. But, there’s growing support for the 28-year old police officer, Darren Wilson, who shot the unarmed teenager in Ferguson Missouri. Michael Brown’s funeral is planned for Monday, Aug. 25th.
The FBI has opened an investigation into the shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed teenager who was shot dead by police in Ferguson, Missouri. The ‘hacktivist’ group Anonymous has also released a video response. The Brown shooting incident comes less than a month after New York police officers choked and killed 43-year old Eric Garner. Both incidents of police brutality raise questions about whether or not black men are disproportionally targeted.