How Billionaires Will Survive The Apocalypse (Video)
What’s the one percent to do when the world they probably helped destroy finally crumbles? From luxury bunkers and floating cities to an escape route to Mars, AJ+ takes a look at doomsday prepping for the super rich.
Towards The House: Protocols for The Pilgrim
Hajj has external and internal protocols. In this short piece, I hope to draw your attention to its subtle ones that touch your soul, and enhance your faith.
1. You should choose a righteous person to travel with, ensuring that your income is from permissible sources. Pure sources illuminate your heart, and a righteous companion reminds you of good and keeps you from evil
2. You should avoid business transactions while in route because they will weaken your focus and scatter your thoughts
3. You should be generous while traveling, feeding others with an open heart and picking the best words when speaking with others
4. Avoid arguments, shouting matches and speaking about worldly matters. You should limit your speech, after your basic needs, to reciting the Qur’an and the remembrance of Allāh
5. You should be pleased with your expenditures and the hardships you encounter, viewing them as a sign that your pilgrimage is accepted, considering them all as rewards for you in the Hereafter.
Abridged by Suhaib Webb from al-Ghazzāli’s writings
NEVER FORGET: MY SON’S 9/11 HOMEWORK PROJECT – REMEMBERING WHAT THEY WANT US TO FORGET
By: Hena Zuberi
Yesterday my son brought home a school project on 9/11 and he couldn’t understand why I snapped at him—’#NeverForget‘ is not just a slogan. Today I apologized to him for not giving him an interview about where I was and what are my worst memories of the day, and what exactly happened on 9/11. He said, “It’s okay, Mama. My sisters told me your about friend, Rahma.”