10 reasons why we should all recite, practice,and memorize the Qur’an as much as we can until our last breath
1. Highest ranks of Jannah for the Memorizer of the Qur’an:
“It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan after he has entered Paradise, ‘Recite, and rise!’ For every verse he recites he will rise one level (in Paradise), until he recites the last verse with him (i.e., in his memory).” (Aboo Dawood)This Hadith mentions the merit of those who memorize part or all of the Qur’an. Some scholars, in explaining this Hadith, have mentioned that the number of ranks (levels) in Paradise is equal to the number of ayahs (verses) in the Qur’an, and that a believer will rise one rank for each ayah (verse) that he or she memorizes.
Obviously, the one who memorized the whole Qur’an will stop at the last verse of the Quran meaning they will be of those among the highest ranks of paradise.Whoever memorizes Quraan and acts upon it, Allaah will reward him and honour him greatly for that, so that he will rise in status in Paradise to a level commensurate with what he memorized of the Book of Allaah.Subhanallah!
We should all memorise as much of the Qur’an as we can until our last breath for every ayah we memorise will result in higher ranks in Jannah!
2. The Highest Honour for the Parents of the Memorizer of the Qur’an “Mu’aadh al-Juhani narrates that the Prophet pbuh said: ‘Whosoever recites the Quran and practices upon its injunctions, the reciter’s parents will be given a crown on the day of Qiyaamat. The brightness of that crown will be more intense than the brightness of the sun in your actual house.’The Prophet further said: ‘What do you think will be given to the Hafiz (reciter) of the Quran himself?’” (Mishkaat Vol I.)So not only will the Hafiz recieve rewards beyond comprehension but it will also mean the highest honour for the parents who will wear a crown on Qiyamat.
We try so hard to make our parents proud in this world but imagine how proud they will be on that day. Subhanallah!It was narrated that Buraydah said: “The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: ‘Whoever reads the Qur’aan, learns it and acts in accordance with it, on the Day of Resurrection his parents will be given a crown to wear whose light will be like the light of the sun, and his parents will be given garments which far surpass everything to be found in this world. They will say, “Why have we been given this to wear?” It will be said, “Because your child learned the Qur’aan.”’”(Narrated by al-Haakim, 1/756)So let us ALL be of those who are given such high honour on the day of judgement and encourage our children to become memorisers of the Qur’an. But those parents who prevented their child from learning the Qur’aan will be of those who lost out for eternity!
3. The best person is he who learns the Qur’an & teaches it The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: The best amongst you is the one who learns the Qur’an and teaches it. (Sahih Al-Bukhari)
4. The memorizer of the Qur’an is worthy of envy in this world The memorizer of the Qur’an will is of two people who we should be envious of in this world:Ibn ‘Amr reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said, “There is no cause to be envious except in two cases: (the first is of a) person whom Allaah has taught the Qur’aan, and he recites it in the day and night, and one of his neighbors hears him and says, ‘Woe to me! I wish I had been given what he has been given, then I would do what he is doing! (The second is of a) person whom Allah has blessed with wealth, and he spends it in good causes, so a person (who sees him) says, ‘Woe to me! I wish I had been given what he has been given, then I would do what he is doing!” (al-Bukhaaree)
5. Every letter the Memorizer of the Qur’an recites is rewarded ten times or moreThe Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said:
“Whoever recites one Word from the Book of Allah will be rewarded for a good deed and ten more like it; and I don’t say that Alif Lam Mim is a letter but Alif is a letter and Lam is a letter and Mim is a letter” (Tirmidhi & Al-Dareemi)So for every letter of the Qur’an the memorizer received a minimum or ten rewards and of course Allah can reward a person much more if he wants to.
The Qur’an has over 6000 verses and each verse has so many alphabets. Can you imagine the number of alphabets the memoriser of the Qur’an recites. He will recite one verse again and again and has to continuously recite the Qur’an to keep it fresh in his heart. Surely he would have gained millions of rewards by completing the Qur’an just once. For the remaining 5 points go to this link http://buff.ly/1iYEGFn
Leave us some tips that work for you in memorizing Quran in the comments below.
May Allah help us all to recite, practice,and memorize the Qur’an as much as we can until our last breath: Say and Type Ameen!
May Allah reward everyone who share this
Did you know that one of the first black Air Force pilots in history was a Muslim? Ahmet Ali Çelikten was an Ottoman pilot in WWI of African descent who rose to the rank of captain during the war.