Blog Archives

On Facebook Israelis wish death for pro-Palestine Holocaust survivors

Israelis-on-Facebook-wish-death-for-Holocaust-survivors-against-Protective-Edge-600x337

Sourcehttp://972mag.com

By: Ami Kaufman

Nope, it’s not The Onion.

A few days ago some 300 Holocaust survivors placed an ad in the New York Times  condemning the massacre in Gaza. My colleague from Local Call, John Brown, has selected a few of the responses on Facebook that Israelis posted in response to the ad.

Read the rest of this entry

Advertisements

#GazaMillionMarch in Pakistan

10628088_819664858053557_4377978697731512602_n

Source: http://www.thenewstribe.com

KARACHI – Thousands of pro-Palestine supporters led by Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) chief Sirajul Haq have joined Gaza Million March to demand the end of Gaza massacre.

By mid Sunday, thousands including women and children had joined JI Chief on the mid of Shahra-e-Faisal, Karachi in Pakistan’s southern province Sindh.

The procession took to the roads in motorcycles, cars, trucks and buses.

Haq, the former Provincial Minister and leader of the Jamaat-e-Islami political party, has called on Israel to stop the killing of innocent children, women and other civilians in Gaza.

Outrage as France bans pro-Palestine demonstrations

France-Palestine-ban

 

By: middleeastmonitor.com

Sourcehttps://www.middleeastmonitor.com/

France’s socialist government provoked outrage Friday by becoming the first in the world to ban protests against Israeli action in Palestine.

In what is viewed as an outrageous attack on democracy, Socialist Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said mass demonstrations planned for the weekend should be halted.

Cazeneuve said there was a “threat to public order”, while opponents said he was “criminalizing” popular support of the Palestinian people.

Thousands were set to march against the ongoing slaughter in Gaza, calling for an immediate end to hostilities in which civilians, including many children, have been killed, but Cazeneuve fears there might be a repeat of the fights between ultra-Jewish vigilantes and pro-Palestinians which happened after a demonstration last Sunday.

Referring to the main Paris march, Cazeneuve said: “I consider that the conditions are not right to guarantee security.”

He welcomed a legal procedure instigated by the Paris police prefecture to ban the march, despite it already being widely advertised.

Cazeneuve also advised other prefects across France to examine planned marches on a “case-by-case” basis, and to ban them “if appropriate”.

Michele Sibony, of the Jewish Union for Peace, said: “By outlawing free speech by pro-Palestinian demonstrators, France puts itself in a unique position in the world and Europe.”

Youssef Boussoumah, of the Party of the Indigenous of the Republic (PIR) said: “France is criminalizing any show of solidarity with the Palestinian people. This is an absolute outrage; it is a continuation of attempts to muzzle the Palestinian people and to get them and their supporters in France to surrender absolutely to Israel’s oppression.”

Sylvie Perrot, another pro-Palestine activist from Paris, said: “Fascist states stop people demonstrating against wars – it is beyond belief that French Socialists are following their example.”

There were false claims made last week that synagogues in Paris had been targeted by pro-Palestinian demonstrators.

In fact videos showed armed vigilantes from a group called the Jewish Defence League (LDJ) baiting demonstrators into fights.

There were no arrests among the LDJ, despite them fighting and smashing up property in full view of the police.
Six pro-Palestine protesters were arrested for a variety of public order offences, but none had been anywhere near Paris synagogues, which remained undamaged.

A judicial inquiry is set to be launched into the false allegations made about the synagogue attacks – ones which people claim were made up to demonize supporters of Palestine by associating them with anti-Semitism.