By: Hazrat Maulana Ahmad Sadeq Desai
Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:
“The noblest of you are those who are the noblest to their families”
“Verily, among the most perfect Believers in Imaan, are those who are best in character and kindest to their wives.”
Even lifting a morsel of food to the mouth of the wife has been given the significance of ‘ibaadat (worship). It is an act of love by which the husband derives thawaab (reward in the Hereafter).
By: Agape Wo Dal
Like every other Christian on the West side of the world, I knew little of the Muslin world, except what was portrait by the media. September 11, 2001 awakened us to the existence of the Muslim world by bringing fear in the hearts of westerners. Many of us became suspicious of anyone from the Middle East.
This story however is not about the world. It’s about how one Jordanian Muslim.
The animal kingdom harbors many parenting secrets. Compared with humans, animals have both unique and similar ways of parenting their offspring. For instance, elephants rely on young females to act as babysitters for their young calves–sound familiar?
Not everything animal parents do is identical to human parents. For instance, the Panda bear commonly gives birth to two babies but she only raises one. Before you go thinking Panda moms are callous and cruel, it’s not that at all. Instead, out in the rough and tough wild mothering one baby requires all of the resources a Panda has to offer. Her decision boils down to one healthy baby or two weak babies.
Not everything is bleak out in the wild, in fact few things are. It appears animals enjoy raising their young just as much as us furless humans! Check out these photos of the cutest parenting moments in the animal kingdom to see just how much fun animal families have living life on the wild side.
This Polar Bear cuddles her baby close, her thick claws and foreboding paws keeping a tight grip on her sweet little cub.
David Lazar shot this stunning image of two lionesses living in the Masai Mara game reserve in Kenya. The two adoringly gaze at their baby sibling, with pride often reserved to parents.
How cute are they?!?!
This mama helps her baby to stay afloat as they go for a swim in the waters they call home.
How about a nap now?
Baby squirrels are so small and hairless you can hardly tell what they are–but this mama knows her baby when she sees him.
What is under this mommy’s colorful wings–2 sleepy chicks!
This is one strong possum carting around 6 babies on her back, while simultaneously scaling a fence–you go mom!
“Wait up Ma!” This Fox hollers, clinging tight to his mommy’s bushy fox tail.
Elephants are the only other species (besides us humans) that visits the graves of their deceased loved ones. You can only imagine how much love elephants have for their offspring. This adorable pair link trunks as they travel onward.
How Bear-y cute are these two?!
Parents always know best–this loving mother swan tucks her babies under her wings where they will stay warm and dry while traveling across the pond.
Crocodiles are not often considered “cute” but despite their scaly skin and forbidding sharp teeth, turns out they are family-orienated! Udayan Rao Pawar, was voted Wildlife Photographer of the Year in 2013 after he snapped the photo below of a croc family. He camped out on the banks of the Chambal River in India in order to see 2 gharial crocodile colonies. While the animal sightings at the Chambal River are incredible, the area is threatened by illegal sand-mining and fishing.
Play Time! This big mama finds her baby cub’s ticklish spots!
Penguins use a buddy system to help watch over their young, adults take turns forming groups around baby penguins in order to keep them safe and warm.
No butts about it, these two are definitely related.
As mom and dad share a passionate embrace, the little one begs for some attention around here.
Peek-a-Boo–Did someone say FISH?!?! These two grizzly bears play in deep water, baby isn’t afraid, she knows she has her mom there to protect her.
“But I’m already clean!”
Papa bear teaches his cub some things
Has anyone seen my baby chick?
While mama hunts for some food, baby decides now is a nice time to take a nap.
When you become a parent (human or animal) you realize that the one thing greater than enjoying a good meal is feeding a good meal to your children.
You might think this bird has one too many legs, but think again….
Photo Credits: Anton Belovodchenko, DailymailUK, Jan Pelcman, Chuck Babbitt, hqwide,Pensivesquirrel.wordpress.com , Ric Seet, Jeanette DiAnda, Igor Shpilenok, Laurie Rubin, Tin Man, DailyMail, Udayan Rao Pawar, Daniel Munger, Frederuque Olivier/John Downer Productions, UKDailyMail, Wolfgang von Vietinghoff, Marco Mattiussi, Michael Nichols, Edwin Kats, Jim Ridley, Imgur, Andre Pretorius, Michael Milicia
By: Joe Martino
Start Spending Time With The “Right” People – Spend time with people you enjoy -who bring you up instead of push you down. Sure there are always lessons we can learn from others but you don’t need to continue hanging around with and associating with people who you know bring in an offsetting vibe. Learn what you need to from them about yourself and move on. I have found that the longer I let things linger with people simply because I feel I’m supposed to never let them bother me, the worse a situation gets as I’m not taking care of myself. You can’t change others, so focus on you and spend time with those who resonate with you the most.
Start Loving & Being Nicer To Yourself – Think about how you speak to yourself sometimes – how does it sound? What do you say? Unless you are already great at self talk and have a solid connection to the love that you are, it’s likely you say some nasty things to yourself. Whether it be about your appearance, performance on something or your ability to do something you want to do, it’s easy for us to tear ourselves down. Now imagine someone else was saying all those things to you instead. Would it be nice of that person? Of course not. So why do we choose to not be nice to ourselves? Learning to love ourselves and cut out the nasty talk is so important. Be sure to be aware of what you are saying to yourself. >
Start Being Fully Honest With Yourself – Being fully honest with yourself is so important as we can get caught up in convincing ourselves that various things don’t bother us or aren’t a challenge for us. We even be guilty to avoid admitting certain characteristics about the current version of ourselves. Honesty is needed in every aspect of our lives whether it’s with other people, ourselves, our work and so on. The more honest we are, the more we can grow from our experiences and keep things simple. You learn a lot about yourself when you are honest.
Start Facing Your Challenges Head On – We always want our problems or challenges to just go away. But most of the time it isn’t quite that simple. We need to take some sort of action steps. Choose to do something about the challenges you face as opposed to letting them linger and simply complaining about them. We have the choice and control, it’s time to embrace that power. If it helps, choose one problem or challenge you face right now, and write out some things you can do to get it moving forward.
Start Listening To Your Own Inner Voice – Whether you want to call it your inner voice, your heart, gut feelings, intuition, soul, higher self, higher perspective or any other name you give to the real YOU that is beyond your mind, listening to that voice a little more often makes a big difference in your life. It’s YOU! It’s there to guide you, show you your passions and what paths make the most sense for you at any given moment. The more you listen to it means the less you listen to the mind which can often over analyze or bring emotional patterns into your decisions. Listening to your inner voice is following your heart.
Start Living In The NOW – This was one of the most powerful things for me to implement in my life. I’m not saying I’m always in the now as certainly I get stuck thinking about the past or future in ways that cause suffering, but using this tool as much as possible is huge. Everything you have or are is all happening right now and you only have the now. Even in a future moment it is still the now. When you pay attention to what is happening now you give your whole self to what you are doing and that brings much peace and joy. The past or future can be used as a reference to make adjustments in the now, but avoid fretting or worrying about either. The dwelling will only cause suffering. There is much beauty happening now that you won’t want to miss.
Start Valuing What Your “Mistakes” Teach You – I don’t believe there are mistakes in life. Simply, we make choices and they play out experiences. Deep down we have an understanding of what is right and wrong and we live by that. When it comes to smaller choices where we make decisions and they end up in less favorable outcomes, there is a lot to learn from them. Taking risks sometimes results in a stumble or a fall, but this will teach you so much about yourself and the journey you make through each experience. We focus so much on the end goal and how it came to be defined rather than all we learned along the way. There are no mistakes. Value what you learn from every journey.
Start Being Yourself Completely – You are an awesome unique individual, no matter what anyone says. Embracing that is often so difficult because we have social pressures as well as ideas of ourselves (often based on social pressures) that get in the way of us being real. Deep down we all know who we are, what we love and how we want to be, it’s just a matter of getting used to being that when we have gotten used to putting something else “on” for so long. It can be scary for sure, we are putting ourselves out there and if people don’t accept us it can hurt. But the truth is, you will be amazed at how much people love you and are appreciative of what you resonate when you are truly being yourself. People can feel when others aren’t embracing their true selves and this is what usually creates interesting experiences.
Start Enjoying & Appreciating What You Already Have – Sometimes we get caught up in chasing things like money and other material possessions. While these things are not bad to experience or have, it’s important not to get stuck in the idea that “I will be happy once I get these things.” Too often we are waiting around for the “best” situation to play out for us, all the while missing out on the experiences that are right in front of us. Where we have food, shelter, friends, family and life. We also can get caught up in comparing ourselves to others and what they have. Before you go to bed, mid day or even when you wake up, remember all that you have and this will help to keep you out of the chase for more. After all, when you finally get the things you desire, won’t the mind just look for more if we let it?
Start Being Accountable & Creating Your Own Joy – When we look outside ourselves to create joy or peace in our lives we basically give up our own power in doing so. The truth is, you already have all it takes to feel great in your life and sometimes it’s about taking the action to make that the case. In our culture most of the time we assume that happiness will come from others and from things and when we get everything in line we will be OK -Let’s break this habit and start by finding the power inside each of us to begin creating joy now.
Start Helping People Around You – Regardless of what society may suggest is the case, we are all in this together and connected to one another. Caring about people and assisting them in their own journey, in whatever form that comes in, is a great way to connect with others and use your unique skills. On top of that you create a sharing relationship with those people so that exchanges can continue down the road. You aren’t doing it to get something in return, but rather to extend love outwards only to see it come back in whatever form it does.
Start Accepting Things Even If They Aren’t Perfect – Really, what is perfect? Sometimes we have a tough time accepting things when they aren’t perfect, but perfection is simply an idea your mind created. We can get caught up in things in our world not appearing exactly as we wish to see them, but much of it is us learning to be at peace with how things unfold. We can only take actions on things we have control over. This isn’t to say you need to settle for everything, but rather, don’t obsess over the small details and instead be at peace with where things are at in this moment.
Start Paying Attention to How You Feel About Things – Often times we might feel a particular way about something but we don’t take it seriously or voice it because we don’t understand it or don’t want to share it with others. How you feel deep down about something is important and we should certainly value that. Social pressures don’t outweigh how you feel inside about something so feel free to understand that feeling and own it versus burying it. Often we can hide these feelings inside only to later realize many others felt the same about something but didn’t say anything because they were all afraid as well. Your voice and heart can impact others. Don’t be afraid to speak.
Start Focusing On The Possibilities Of Things vs Them Not Working Out – Have you ever heard the idea that if you believe it, it will happen? Now of course this isn’t quite the full story, but believing in possibility has a big impact on not only your own effort and motivation around something but also how others will perceive it. If you want to do something in your life, believe you can do it and avoid thinking negatively about the outcome. “This would never happen to me.” Or “Good things never happen to me.” This type of self talk and lack of believing in self can quickly kill what you are trying to achieve in life. Focus on what you want to happen and how you want to go about it. Focusing on the “negative” won’t do much but make the whole situation feel “negative.”
By: Mufti Faraz al-Mahmudi
- Make her feel secure; QUIT BEING AGGRESSIVE!
- When you go home say ‘Assalamualikum.’ (Greetings) It kicks the shaitaan out of your home!
- Prophet salallahu alahi wasallam described the wife as a fragile vessel and said to take care of this vessel thats fragile. Remember that there is goodness in this vessel so treat it gently.
- When you advise her, do so in privacy, in a peaceful environment. NOT IN PUBLIC as its a type of slandering.
- Be generous to your wife- it keeps her LOVED
- Move and let her have your seat. It will warm her heart.
- AVIOD ANGER. HOW? Keep your wudhu at all times. Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said if you are angry, sit down, if you’re sitting, then lie down. Follow the sunnah!
- Look good and smell great for your wife. IT keeps the LOVE!
- Dont be rigid. It will break you. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said ‘I am the best amongst you and I am the best to my wife’. Being rigid and harsh will not bring you close to Allah and neither does it make you more of a man.
- Listen to your wife-BE a GOOD LISTENER
- YES to flattering NO to arguing. Arguing is like poison in a marriage. A pious person once said said ‘When Allah wants evil for people He will leave them to argue amongst themselves’.
- The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said to call your wives with the best name, any name she loves to hear. Prophet Mohammed salallahu alaihi wasallam called Aisha ‘ya Aa’ish’ as an endearment.
- Give her a pleasant surprise. I.e. if she loves watermelon, bring her one out of the blue. It will grow the love in her heart.
- Preserve your tongue! Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said the tongue will throw people in the hell fire so watch what you say and how you say it!
- All of us have shortcoming. Accept her shortcoming and Allah will put barakah in your marriage.
- TELL her you appreciate her. SHOW her you appreciate her.
- Encourage her to keep good relation with her relatives and her parents.
- Speak with her with a topic of HER interest.
- In front of her relative praise her. Confirm/ realise that she is wonderful, and that she is a good person in front of her family.
- Give each other gifts. You will love each other more. Gifts increases love.
- Get rid of the routine once in a while, surprise her with something, it will get rid of the rust and polish it!
- We have a demand from Allah that we have to think good of people. Think good of your spouse.
- Ignore some of her mistakes- pretend you did not see/hear some of her small mistakes. Its like putting a hole in your memory. Don’t save it in your memory!
- Increase the drops of patience, especially when she is pregnant or when she is on her monthly period.
- Expect and respect her jealousy. Even Aisha radiallahu anha used to get jealous.
- Be humble. If your profession is good, respect that she is looking after your children, she is much more than you, she is the leader at home, her strength is your strength, and her success is your successes.
- Don’t put your friends above your wife.
- Help your wife at home. Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam used to help his wives at home and he was the best of creation. He used to sew his own clothes.
- Help her respect your parents, you cant force her to love them, but she can be helped to gradually love them.
- Show your wife she is the ideal wife.
- Remember your wife in your duaas. It will increase the love and protect it.
- Leave the past. It brings nothing but pain and grief. Its not your business. The past is for Allah.
- Don’t try to show her that you are doing her a favour by doing something, like buying food for the house, because in reality we are the courier of sustenance, not the providers, as Allah is the provider. Its also a way of being humble and thankful to Allah.
- Shaitaan is your enemy, not your wife. Sometime when husband and wife are talking a fight breaks out, then shaitaan is present there as a third person so he is the real enemy. It is not enough to hate the shaitaan, but you have to see him as an enemy as Allah has commanded. Shaitaan loves divorce. HE comes everyday and sits office and asks the devils what they have done, some say I have made a person steal, or I have made someone drink etc. And one devil will say I have made a man divorce his wife, and he is crowned as the one who has done the best job.
- Take the food and put it in her mouth. Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam) taught us this. Its a blessing. The food doesnt just go to her stomach, but straight to her heart. It increases the love and mercy between you.
- Protect your wife from the evil of the shaitaan and mankind. She is like a precious pearl that needs protecting from the envy of human devilsand shaitaan.
- Show her your smile. Smile at your wife. ITS A CHARITY.
- Small problems/ challenges can become a big problem. Or if there is small thing she didn’t like and you keep repeating them anyway, it will create a wall between you. Don’t ignore them as it can become big.
- Avoid being harsh hearted and moody. Allah said of the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam ‘if you were harsh hearted they (the companions) would have left you.’ It confirms that the prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam was not harsh hearted, so GET RID OF IT.
- Respect her thinking. It’s a strength for you. Show you like her thoughts and suggestions.
- Help her to achieve her potential and help her to dig and find success within as her success is your success.
- Respect the intimate relationship and its boundaries. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said she is like a fragile vessel and she needs to be treated tenderly. Sometime she may not be feeling well; you must respect and appreciate that feeling.
- Help her to take care of the children. Some men think it makes them appear less of a man but in fact it makes you appear a bigger man and more respected, especially in the sight of Allah.
- Use the gifts of the tongue and sweet talk her. Tell her she looks great, be an artist. Pick and choose gifts of the tongue.
- Sit down and eat with her and share food with her.
- Let her know you are travelling. Don’t tell her out of the blue as it’s against Islam. Tell her the date/ time of when you are coming back also.
- Don’t leave the house as soon as trouble brews.
- The house has privacy and secrecy. Once you take this privacy and secrecy to your friends and family you are in danger of putting a serious hole in your marriage. This secrecy stays home. Islam is against leaving them out like a garage sale for anyone to come and pick and choose.
- Encourage each other for ibadah, i.e. plan a trip for hajj or umrah together. It increases and strengthens the love when you help each other perform a good deeds together i.e, do tahajuud together, or recite the Qur’an together or read an Islamic book together.
- Know her rights, not only written in paper but engraved in your heart and engraved in your conscious.
- Allah said ‘live with your wives in kindness.’ Treat them with kindness and goodness. It means in happy times and in sadness treat her with goodness and fairness.
- Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam showed that at the time of intimacy Be caring and respectful.
- When you have a dispute with your wife dont tell everyone. Its like leaving your wounds open to germs so be careful who you share your problems and disputes with.
- Show your wife you really care for her health. Good health of your wife is your good health. To care for her health shows her that you love her.
- Don’t think you are always right. No matter how good you are you have shortcomings. You are not perfect as the only one who was perfect in character was the Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam. Get rid of this disease.
- Share your problems, your happiness, and your sadness with her.
- Have mercy on her weakness. Have mercy when she is weak or strong as she is the fragile vessel. Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said that your wife is a trust in your hand.
- Remember you are her strength, someone to lean on in times of hardship.
- Accept her as she is. The Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said that women are created from the rib which is bent. If you try to straighten her you will break her (divorce). Prophet salallahu alaihi wasallam said that you may dislike one habit in her but you will like another manner in her so accept her as she is.
- Have good intention for your wife all the time, Allah monitors your intention and your heart at all times. Allah said Among His Signs is that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect.
Some great advice on Dating, Marriage love and relationships and how to be the happiest person in life. Give Islam a try it has solutions and answers to all your problems so you can have a great loving relationship.
The selfish man becomes ugly with greed, whereas he who gives from the heart becomes more beautiful with every loving act.
The selfish man becomes ugly with greed, whereas he who gives from the heart becomes more beautiful with every loving act.
El hombre egoísta se vuelve feo con avaricia, mientras que el que da desde el corazón se vuelve más hermosa con cada acto de amor.
De zelfzuchtige mens wordt lelijk met hebzucht, terwijl hij die geeft vanuit het hart wordt mooier met elke daad van liefde.
L’homme égoïste devient laide avec avidité, tandis que celui qui donne du cœur devient plus belle à chaque acte d’amour.
Der selbstsüchtige Mensch wird mit hässlichen Gier, während er, der gibt aus dem Herzen wird schöner mit jedem Akt der Liebe.
Nàgè zìsī de rén biàn de chǒulòu yǔ tānlán, ér tā shuí gěi cóng xīnzàng yǔ měi yīgè ài de xíngwéi biàn de gèngjiā měilì.
Den själviska människan blir fult med girighet, medan den som ger från hjärtat blir vackrare med varje kärleksfull handling.
Egoistichnyy chelovek stanovitsya urodlivym s zhadnost’yu , v to vremya kak tot, kto dayet ot serdtse stanovitsya boleye krasivym s kazhdym sey akt lyubvi .
Kalp her sevgi dolu hareket ile daha güzel bir hale gelen, o kim verir ise bencil adam, açgözlülük ile çirkin olur.
L’uomo egoista diventa brutto con avidità, mentre lui che dà il cuore diventa più bella con ogni atto d’amore.
Orang egois menjadi jelek dengan keserakahan, sedangkan ia yang memberi dari hati menjadi lebih indah dengan setiap tindakan mencintai.