Fasting from sunrise until sunset for 30 days certainly has a physical impact, but what really happens to your body when you fast?
The Science Part
During a fast, your body generates its own energy by burning stored resources made from excess fats, carbohydrates and sugars to produce energy. The liver is the most significant organ in this economical process; it converts the fats into chemicals called ketone bodies which are three water-soluble compounds that are then used as a source for energy.
Detoxification is one of the most important benefits of fasting. A regular body process, detoxification occurs as the colon, liver, kidney, lungs, lymph glands and skin eliminate or neutralise toxins. This process speeds up during fasting as the body breaks down fats. Chemicals and toxins absorbed from food and the environment are stored in fat reserves and released during fasting.
Fasting is also a healing for the mind, body and soul in more ways than one. At a physical level, energy and resources are diverted from the digestive system (which is constantly in overuse as we graze on food) to the immune system and metabolic processes allowing the body to heal, rebuild and replenish itself. Medical studies show that during a fast, abnormal tissue growths such as tumours become starved for nutrients and are hence more susceptible to being broken down and removed from the body.
Fasting allows the body to tap its resources to their fullest potential and focus on rebuilding from a microscopic level as DNA and RNA genetic controls become more efficient in transcribing the proteins and tissues the body needs. This revamped protein synthesis results in healthier cells, tissues and organs.
Other changes in the body during a fast include a slight decrease in core body temperature due to a decline in metabolic rate and general bodily functions. Blood sugar levels also drop as the body uses the reservoir of glycogen in the liver and the base metabolic rate (BMR) is reduced in order to conserve energy.
The digestive system, which is very often overloaded, and ceaselessly put to work, also cleanses itself for more efficient digestion and nutrient absorption. The lining of the stomach and intestines are allowed to restore glands and muscle, and remove waste matter. Other processes that sustain the foundational infrastructure of the body are increased during fasting, for example hormone production is increased as well as the release of anti-aging growth hormones.
A large part of the vitamins and minerals of an apple is in the skin of the apple. It is therefore advisable to apple with peel to eat . Since there are more pesticides are sprayed on an apple , it is advisable to wash with water. Apple first thoroughly
The 9 Reasons Why an apple so good for your body
1. Apples provide for lowering cholesterol levels
An average apple contains about 5 grams of fiber . Apples contain much of pectin , which is a soluble fiber which lowers cholesterol levels. The pectin prevents the development of cholesterol in the inside of the blood vessels. Increasing the risk of heart disease will decrease .
2. Apples for weight loss
Apples ease your hunger for bad few calories . It is therefore not surprising that apples are often part of a healthy diet to promote weight loss . To control your weight and improve your health it is therefore recommended to eat foods rich in fiber , such as apples to eat .
3. Apples go against aging
The high content of antioxidants protect apples memory . Everyday eating an apple will make you less likely to develop dementia and Alzheimer’s.
4. Apples contain Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps your body to support the immune system . People who lack in vitamin C will increase cure worse and more prone to bruising .
5 . Apples will spoil the teeth against
The spoiling of the teeth is mainly caused by bacteria . Apples contain a juice that kill 80% of these bacteria can . Eating an apple a day so not only keeps the doctor away from you , but also the dentist !
6. Apples can prevent cancer
The antioxidants in the peel of the apple is to various forms of cancer prevention . Research from the University of Wisconsin has shown that prostate and breast cancer cells grew slower and less time survived after it came into contact with the antioxidants of apple. It also appears in the food of apples to be taken , the marpine -level of this helps to suppress with it . The growth of tumors
7. Apples help to detoxify the liver
Constantly we consume toxins , whether coming from food or drinks . The liver is responsible to clean up . These toxins from the body To detoxify the liver , it is important to eat plenty of fruits such as apples.
8. Apples provide a better endurance
Eat an apple before exercise can increase your stamina . Namely apples contain an antioxidant called quercetin . quercetin makes more oxygen available to the lungs, causing your stamina is increased.
9. Apples help in the prevention of hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the anal canal . This swelling is caused by too much pressure in the pelvic area . In order to promote bowel movement , it is important to fresh fruits such as apples to eat. Also, it is important to drink and sufficient to move.
Your liver can be seen as the maid of your body: it removes all the toxins that you put into it . The liver makes all your internal systems working properly . Our modern diet, environmental pollution and our growing dependence on toxic personal care products have ensured that our livers have to run . Lot of overtime
But what can you do about it? Well, you can take a liver detox supplement of good quality , or you can try with a few ingredients you can find at your local health food shop or supermarket , or even that you already have .
How to cleanse your liver naturally
1. Hot lemon water – hot lemon water is a great way to detoxify your liver every morning . It ‘s not lemonade , so do not add sugar or whatever far . Just purified water and a healthy dose of fresh lemon juice . Some experts , such as the writer AF Beddoe ( who wrote the book ” Biological Ionazation as Applied to Human Nutrition ” wrote ) , also believe that the liver in response to lemon water produces more enzymes than any other food .
2. Garlic – Add some garlic in cooking or do a clove of minced garlic in your salad . Garlic contains sulfur compounds that may help in the activation of enzymes in the liver . It contains allicin and selenium , both of which protect the liver .
3. Avocados – Not that you need another reason to add avocados to your diet, but a Japanese study has shown that they contain compounds that can protect the liver from damage . Avocados compared with 21 other fruits, were most promising as a protection for the liver against galactosamine , a powerful poison which has been shown that the grid-related liver damage as much as the hepatitis virus .
4. Coriander – This versatile herb can add to just about any dish , including salads and smoothies . It can help in the removal of heavy metals from your body, something you might liver is currently struggling .
5 . Turmeric – Another powerful spice with a long list of health benefits is turmeric . It would not only protect the liver from damage , but also promote the regeneration of liver cells . And it also increases once the natural production of bile and helps to keep toxins from the body.