Posted by Akhi Soufyan
It is a fact which no one can debate that crying washes out the maladies of the heart. Crying out of fear from Allaah softens the heart and cleans it from its filth. Yazeed Ibn Maysarah said: “Crying happens due to one of seven things, joy, sadness, terror, to show off, pain, gratitude and out of fear from Allaah one tear from which extinguishes as huge as oceans size of fire”
Posted in ARTICLES
Tags: Allah, article, crying, crying washes hearts maladies, fear, fear of pain, God, grave, guidance, Hadith, happiness, heart, hearts, hell, islam, joy, love, maladies, maladies of the heart, mercy, Muhammad, muslims, pain, paradise, pbuh, prophet, prophet muhammad, quran, Religion, result, saw, verses, washes, weeping
Posted by Akhi Soufyan
When we are scared of something, our heart starts to beat fast, our voice starts to mumble, our hands start to tremble, our stomach starts to roar, our feet become numb, we start to see evil, hear evil and speak evil. In short all we are preoccupied is with the thing which makes us scared. Not only are we least bothered about the happenings in the surroundings but also uncertain about our behavior when engulfed in such a situation. We find ourselves so helpless and miserable that we start to find solace in crying, sleeping and staying quiet. Like me and you, everyone gets scared.
- The person who gets a call for a job interview is scared for his interview.
- A cancer patient who goes for chemotherapy every month is scared of injections.
- An actor who gives his debut in an ad is scared of negative views and reviews.
- A person who has left studies is scared of people who ask about studies.
- A mother whose daughter’s engagement is quashed is scared of her increasing age.
- A daughter whose mother suffers from bipolar disorder is scared of humiliating her in public.
- A student who has social phobia is scared of taking lectures, going out in bazaars, attending weddings and ordering meal in a café.
- A boy whose elder sister helps him with his homework is scared of getting scolded from her.
- A first timer army cadet is scared of his seniors giving him tough time.
- An old maid who is becoming weak and less active is scared of losing her job.
- A wife whose husband is sent to hard area with his platoon is scared of the instability and terrorism of the region.
- A Politician who gets life threats is scared of his and his family’s safety.
Being scared is not only normal but now quite mainstream. To keep oneself cool and free of anxiety one should recite the following Dua from the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet:
“Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (R) narrates that Prophet Muhammad (S) said: No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says: (O Allah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Quran the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety) – but Allah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him joy instead”.
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّى عَبْدُكَ وَابْنُ عَبْدِكَ وَابْنُ أَمَتِكَ نَاصِيَتِى بِيَدِكَ مَاضٍ فِىَّ حُكْمُكَ عَدْلٌ فِىَّ قَضَاؤُكَ أَسْأَلُكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أَوْ أَنْزَلْتَهُ فِى كِتَابِكَ أَوْ عَلَّمْتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِكَ أَوِ اسْتَأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِى عِلْمِ الْغَيْبِ عِنْدَكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ الْقُرْآنَ رَبِيعَ قَلْبِى وَنُورَ صَدْرِى وَجَلاَءَ حُزْنِى وَذَهَابَ هَمِّى
By Faryal WK