Hatred and Racism from Right Winged Extremists in Europe cannot stop the growth and beauty of Islamic culture and people!
By: Abdullah Hakim Quick
Despite the anti-Islam marches in Dresden, Germany and the attacks on Masjids in France, the positive light of Islam will continue to shine!
Muslims are in key, strategic positions throughout society and cannot be lumped into a small, fanatical cult.
Our challenge is to maintain the “Balance” and convert our emotions into positive energy. Almighty Allah is Witness to all affairs and has power over all things
Look at the classical, beauty and the European Muslim style of the Scwetzingen Castle Mosque built in 1779. Its the oldest standing masjid in Germany and still open for Prayer! Allahu Akbar Forever!
“I’M BORED!” – Tips for parents with kids on vacation
By: Umm Ammarah
Dad what can I do next???…Mum I’m BORED!!! For parents vacations can be really demanding keeping our children occupied. Vacations pose a great challenge for many parents. However holidays can be great fun if parents are positive, creative and interactive. Also during the vacation there is a good opportunity to recharge our kid’s spiritual batteries and start afresh in daily activities. It is a joyous period and a unique break from our busy schedules. We should welcome vacations for its fun.
The excitement surrounding vacations and family trips usually kicks off with strong excitement. However, after only a short time away from the daily routines of school, one phrase parents dread hearing begins to creep into the language of children almost instinctively: “I’M BORED”!
Documentary: The Global Challenge of Ocean Acidification (Video)
This groundbreaking NRDC documentary explores the startling phenomenon of ocean acidification, which may soon challenge marine life on a scale not seen for tens of millions of years. The film, featuring Sigourney Weaver, originally aired on Discovery Planet Green.
Muslims teens and the challenge of a sexualized culture
By: Maria- Zain
Iblis (satan) refused to participate in the ceremonial prostration towards Adam (PBUH), and was thus cursed by Allah (SWT), banished from the comfortable abode of Jannah. Humiliated and dejected, Iblis hatched a plan of revenge against Adam (PBUH) and Hawwa, luring them to the forbidden tree.
Points on how to Learn Faster and Better
- Lack of blood flow is a common reason for lack of concentration. If you’ve been sitting in one place for awhile, bounce one of your legs for a minute or two. It gets your blood flowing and sharpens both concentration and recall.
- Think positive. There’s no point in setting learning goals for yourself if you don’t have any faith in your ability to learn.
- Food for thought: Eat breakfast. A lot of people skip breakfast, but creativity is often optimal in the early morning and it helps to have some protein in you to feed your brain. A lack of protein can actually cause headaches.
- Take a hike. Changing your perspective often relieves tension, thus freeing your creative mind. Taking a short walk around the neighborhood may help.
- There are three primary ways to learn: visual, kinesthetic, and auditory. If one isn’t working for you, try another.
- Focus on whatever you’re studying. Don’t try to watch TV at the same time or worry yourself about other things. Anxiety does not make for absorption of information and ideas.
- Take a bath or shower. Both activities loosen you up, making your mind more receptive to recognizing brilliant ideas.
- Turn out the lights. This is a way to focus, if you are not into meditating. Sit in the dark, block out extraneous influences.
- Speedread. Some people believe that speedreading causes you to miss vital information. The fact remains that efficient speedreading results in filtering out irrelevant information. If necessary, you can always read and re-read at slower speeds. Slow reading actually hinders the ability to absorb general ideas. (Although technical subjects often requirer slower reading.) If you’re reading online, you can try the free Spreeder Web-based application.
- Every picture tells a story. Draw or sketch whatever it is you are trying to achieve. Having a concrete goal in mind helps you progress towards that goal.
- Brainmap it. Need to plan something? Brain maps, or mind maps, offer a compact way to get both an overview of a project as well as easily add details. With mind maps, you can see the relationships between disparate ideas and they can also act as a receptacle for a brainstorming session.
- Brainstorm. This is a time-honored technique that combines verbal activity, writing, and collaboration. (One person can brainstorm, but it’s more effective in a group.) It’s fruitful if you remember some simple rules: Firstly, don’t shut anyone’s idea out. Secondly, don’t “edit” in progress; just record all ideas first, then dissect them later. Participating in brainstorming helps assess what you already know about something, and what you didn’t know.
- Laugh (not to much). Laughing relaxes the body. A relaxed body is more receptive to new ideas.
- Write, don’t type. While typing your notes into the computer is great for posterity, writing by hand stimulates ideas. The simple act of holding and using a pen or pencil massages acupuncture points in the hand, which in turn stimulates ideas.
- Give yourself credit. Ideas are actually a dime a dozen. If you learn to focus your mind on what results you want to achieve, you’ll recognize the good ideas. Your mind will become a filter for them, which will motivate you to learn more.
- Motivate yourself. Why do you want to learn something? What do want to achieve through learning? If you don’t know why you want to learn, then distractions will be far more enticing.
- Learn what you know and what you don’t. Many people might say, “I’m dumb,” or “I don’t know anything about that.” The fact is, many people are wholly unaware of what they already know about a topic. If you want to learn about a topic, you need to determine what you already know, figure out what you don’t know, and then learn the latter.
- Persist. Don’t give up learning in the face of intimdating tasks. Anything one human being can learn, most others can as well. Wasn’t it Einstein that said, “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration”?
- Challenge yourself. People are often more intelligent than they realize.
Donors pledge $5.4bn for Gaza reconstruction
Aid pledged at Cairo meet to rebuild enclave devastated by Israeli assault surpasses what Palestinians had asked for
Global donors have pledged a sum of $5.4bn in aid to reconstruct the Gaza Strip amid warnings that the battered Palestinian enclave remained a “tinderbox” following its summer war with Israel.
“The participants pledged approximately $5.4bn,” Norwegian foreign minister, Boerge Brende, said during the closing statement at the Cairo conference which Norway co-hosted.
CHILLI CHALLENGE FOR GAZA (VIDEO)
So i’ve been nominated by Musa Adnan for this Chilli challenge to raise awareness and raise donations for Gaza.
I’ve decided to do it after you guys kept asking me to do it too, so here it is….
I Nominate Vafa, Guuled and Imran(Dawah Man)….Feel the pain MUHAHAHAH
Don’t forget to donate to the link below, as that’s the whole point of these videos:
Beyond the Ice Bucket Challenge…
If we see, in reality, “Ice Bucket Challenge” is nothing more than a reflection of societies’ slavery which is in the hands of a few artificially glamorized celebrities (Hollywood, Bollywood actors, Politicians, Sports persons, etc.). This clearly shows the influence certain people have on the masses even without meeting them in person, or giving them any money or perks. The way this cult started is something we all need to contemplate on. The media controls the world; the hearts and the minds of people. Read more here in sha Allah
Woman Dies 30 Seconds Later Due To Ice Water Challenge!
Latasha Brown accepted a friendly online challenge invite from her best friend via Facebook the challenge is to toss a bucket of ice cold water over your body. Latashs Brown died from hypothermia 30 seconds later her frozen body was rushed the the hospital where coroner Will Jackson declared her death.
Forty-year-old Willis Tepania, a father from Kaitaia, reportedly died of a cardiac arrest, five hours after participating in the ice challenge, which also included consuming nearly a liter of bourbon. You can read that full story at ibtimes.com.