Quarreling never settles disputes
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The most hated man (person) to Allah is the one who is the most quarrelsome of the opponents.” [Sahih Bukhari]
Quarreling never settles disputes. Extricate yourself from quarrels as soon as possible. Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) does not like either of quarreling opponents, but the more quarrelsome one is the more hated to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala).
Keep this checklist in mind if a quarrel seems to be in the offing:
1. Let your opponent have the last word (ostensibly). In reality, the one who is quiet is the one who is defended eloquently by angels.
2. Stop trying to prove that you’re right.
3. Accept blame where the fault is yours.
4. State your position just once and then listen.
5. Before the blaming becomes unbearable, politely, either change the topic or physically leave the place of argument.
6. Remember that all cases will be reopened and settled on the Day of Judgement, and on that day none will be able to lie, trick or deceive in any way, to support their position.
The Trews: Russell Brand – Fox news, Islam and Muslims (Video)
After Fox News cancelled my appearance on ‘Hannity’ we paid them a visit at their New York Headquarters.
Interesting statistics of Muslim Population and Prevalance of Aids in Africa
Interesting statistics which clearly back up an argument I have used in lectures defending Islam’s strong stance against extra-marital sex. The best prevention for HIV is sex only within marriage and abstinence for the unmarried.
The Trews: Russell Brand – Is It Your Fault You’re Poor? (Video)
Reaction to a Fox News segment on poverty in the US and UK, and the common argument that welfare displaces work.