The Most Beloved Deeds
“So strive as in a race in good deeds.” [ QURAN 5:48]
1. “The most beloved of deeds according to Allah (GOD) are the continuous ones, even if they are little.” [Agreed upon]
2. “The most beloved fast according to Allah is the fast of Dawud (Prophet David Peace be upon him); he would fast every alternate day. The most beloved prayer according to Allah is the prayer of Dawud; he would sleep half the night, stand a third and then sleep for a sixth.” [Agreed upon]
3. “The most beloved of deeds according to Allah are the prayer in its right time, then to treat the parents in an excellent manner, and then Jihad(Struggle) in the path of Allah.” [Agreed upon]
4. “The most beloved prayer to the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) was the one that was done regularly (throughout the life) even if it were little. And whenever the Prophet offered a prayer he used to offer it regularly .” [Sahih al-Bukhari]
5. “The most beloved word according to me is that which is most truthful.” [Sahih al-Bukhari]
6. The most beloved mountain to the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) was Uhud. [Sahih al-Bukhari]
7. “The most beloved to me amongst you is the one who has the best character and manners.” [Sahih al-Bukhari]
8. The most beloved people to the Prophet (pbuh) were the Ansar. “The Prophet stood up and said thrice, “By Allah! You (the Ansar) are from the most beloved people to me.” [Sahih al-Bukhari]
9. The most beloved garment to the Prophet (pbuh) to wear was the Hibra (a kind of Yemenese cloth). [Sahih al-Bukhari]
10. “The most beloved words according to Allah the Most High are four: Subhanallah (Glory to Allah (GOD)), Alhamdulillah (Praise to GOD), La ilaha illallah (There is no god but GOD alone) and Allahu Akbar(God is the Greatest); there is no problem with which one you start with.” [Muslim]
11. “The most beloved of speech according to Allah is when the servant says, ‘Subhanallahi wa bihamdihi’ [Glory be to Allah(GOD) and we praise Him].” [Muslim]
12. “The most beloved of speech according to Allah the Most High is that which Allah chose for his Angels: Subhana Rabbi wa bihamdihi, Subhana Rabbi wa bihamdihi, Subhana Rabbi wa bihamdihi.” [Glory be to Allah (GOD) and we praise Him] [at-Tirmidhi, Sahih]
13. “The most beloved of religions according to Allah the Most High is the ‘easy and flexible religion.'” [Ahmad, Hasan]
14. “The most beloved of people according to Allah is he who brings most benefit,
and the most beloved of deeds according to Allah the Mighty, the Magnificent,
is that you bring happiness to a fellow Muslim,
or relieve him of distress,
or pay off his debt
or stave away hunger from him.
It is more beloved to me that I walk with my brother Muslim in his time of need than I stay secluded in the mosque for a month.
Whoever holds back his anger ….
Allah will cover his faults and whoever suppresses his fury while being able to execute it,
Allah will fill his heart with satisfaction on the Day of Resurrection.
Whoever walks with his brother Muslim in need until he establishes that for him, Allah will establish his feet firmly on the day when all feet shall slip. Indeed, bad character ruins deeds just as vinegar ruins honey.” [at-Tabarani, Hasan]
15. “The most beloved deed according to Allah is to …
have faith in Allah,
then to maintain the ties of kinship,
and then to command to good and forbid the wrong.
The most abhorrent of deeds according to Allah is to associate partners with Him, then to cut the ties of kinship.” [Abu Ya’la, Hasan]
16. “The most beloved Jihad(struggle) according to Allah is that a word of truth be spoken to a tyrant ruler.” [at-Tabarani, Hasan]
17. “The most beloved of names according to Allah are Abdullah(Servant of God), Abdur-Rahman (Servant of the Most Beneficent (GOD)) and Harith.” [Abu Yala, Sahih]
18. “The most beloved dish according to Allah is that which most hands feed from.” [Ibn Hibban, Hasan]
19. “The most beloved of deeds according to Allah is that you die and yet your tongue is still moist from the remembrance of Allah.” [Ibn Hibban, Hasan]
20. “The most beloved servant of Allah is he who is most beneficial to his dependents.” [Zawa’id az-Zuhd, Hasan]
21. “The most beloved to Allah Ta’ala of his servants are ‘those who are the best in attitude towards others.'” [at-Tabarani in al-Kabir, 1/181, 183]
22. “The most beloved to me and the closest to me on the Day of Resurrection will be those of you who are the best in attitude and character.” [Ahmad, Jayyid isnad]
Some reports add: “Those who are down to earth and humble, who get along with others and with whom others feel comfortable.”
23. There aren’t any days greater, nor any days in which deeds done in them are more beloved to Allah, the Most High, than these ten days (of Dhul-Hijjah). So, increase in them the saying of Tahleel (Laillaha illAllah), and Takbeer (Allah Akbar) and Tahmeed (alamdulillah)” [Musnad – Imam Ahmad]
Posted on February 9, 2015, in ARTICLES and tagged Allah, God, good deeds, guidance, Hadith, islam, knowledge, learn, muslims, pbuh, prophet muhammad, read, saw, the most beloved deeds. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.