Mufti Ismail Menk: Non Muslim confirmed benefits of fasting (Video)
Fasting is a unique moral and spiritual characteristic of Islam. Literally defined, fasting means to abstain “completely” from foods, drinks, intimate intercourse and smoking, before the break of the dawn till sunset. But if we restrict the meaning of the Islamic Fasting to this literal sense, we would be sadly mistaken.
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet (pbuh) said, “Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)” (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 31, Number 127)
1. rest the digestive system
2. allow for cleansing and detoxification of the body
3. create a break in eating patterns, while shining a spotlight on them
4. promote greater mental clarity
5. cleanse and heal “stuck” emotional patterns
6. lead to a feeling of physical lightness, increasing energy level
7. promote an inner stillness, enhancing spiritual connection
Posted on August 5, 2014, in VIDEOS and tagged Allah, body, break, download, download mp, download mp3, drinks, Education, fasting, fasting benefits, file, foods, Hadith, Health, healthy, information, intercourse, islam, islamic fasting, knowledge, learn, mufti ismail menk, mufti menk, non muslim confirmed benefits of fasting, online, scholar, shaykh, smoking, spiritual, wisdom. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.